We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. The work experience element of the Foundation Degree in the Management of Sport will allow you to practice and apply the managerial skills you have learned in a realistic workplace environment.
This will give you a considerable headstart on the competition, when it comes to finding your dream job in the sport of your choice.
1 or 2 years
60 UCAS points plus GCSE maths and English (grades A*-C), or equivalent, or Access to Higher Education Certificate, or ABE Certificate in Business. Applicants without the above criteria will be interviewed to assess academic suitability.
- Foundation Degree in the Management of Sport, validated by the University of Essex
The first year of the degree programme is designed to introduce students to a range of management and sport subject areas and to develop the important academic skills needed in order to get the best degree possible.
- Study, Communication and Employability Skills
- Business Environment
- Exercise and Health
- Coaching Skills
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Financial Management
- IT and Maths for Business
- Sports Development
Year two is designed to build on the knowledge of year one developing problem solving analytical and evaluative skills to a higher level.
- Project Management
- Management Accounting Essentials
- Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription
- Coaching Process & Issues
- Professional Development (Inc placement)
- Information Systems and Business Intelligence
- Community Sports Development
- Sports Marketing
Foundation Degree in the Management of Sport
60 UCAS points plus GCSE maths and English (grades A*-C), or equivalent, or
Access to Higher Education Certificate, or ABE Certificate in Business.
Course validated by
University of Essex
£7950 per year
Management roles, particularly in sports organisations, such as sports centres, sports clubs, and governing bodies.
Course enquiry line 01753 362248