School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Business Studies
We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. Your studies will equip you for a possible business career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities.
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at C grade and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a C Grade in these core subjects.
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Business Studies – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University.
- Functional Skills Level 2 – Essential progression if you did not manage to attain a C grade in English or Maths.
As part of the curriculum, a BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units, including:
- The Business Environment
- Business resources
- Business Communication
- Introduction to Marketing
- Starting a Small Business
- International Business
- Business Markets and the Economy
- Website Design Strategy
There is also the opportunity to specialise in specific areas, by choosing certain unit combinations, following pathways such as:
- Retail Pathway
- Marketing Pathway
- Human Resources Pathway
- Management Pathway
Various - see map
BTEC Level 3 National in Business
5 GCSE’s A* – C
Access to higher education, including University, and Higher Apprenticeships.
Anything within the world of business, including starting up on your own, finance, management or marketing.
Course enquiry line