School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Health & Social Care
We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. Your studies will equip you for a possible business career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities.
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at C grade and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a C Grade in these core subjects.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University.
- Functional skills Level 2 – Essential progression if you did not manage to attain a C grade in English or Maths.
A BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units, including:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Working in Health and Social care
- Human lifespan development
- Care and support planning in Health and Social care practice
- Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
- Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Keeping Individuals Safe in Health and Social Care Settings
- Reflective Practice and Professional Development in Health and Social Care
- Communicating Professionally in Health and Social Care Settings
- Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- Work Experience in Health and Social care
- Promoting Public Health
Various - see map
BTEC Level 3 National in Health & Social Care
5 GCSE’s A*– C
Access to higher education, including University, and Higher Apprenticeships.
Care worker, social care worker, outreach worker, Care manager/trainee manager
Course enquiry line