School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Sport
We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. Your studies will equip you for a possible business career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities.
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at C grade and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a C Grade in these core subjects.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport (Performance & Excellence) – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
A BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units, including:
During the course you will cover the following subjects:
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training for Sport & Exercise
- Fitness Testing for Sport & Exercise
- Sport Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Technical & Tactical Skills in Sport
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Current Issues in Sport
- Practical Team Sport
- Instructing Physical Activity & Exercise
- Talent Identification & Development in Sport
- Sports Injuries
- Work Experience in Sport
- Rules, Regulations & Officiating in Sport
- Sport as a Business
Where you can study
You can study this course at the following locations:
Click on the Location Map to find out more about that course provider.
Soccer Elite FA
Orange Soccer Academy
Onside Sports Coaching
Oxhey Jets FC
Lee Hendrie Academy
Global Premier Soccer – Reading
Leatherhead FC – London
Steve Claridge Foundation – Salisbury
Steve Claridge Foundation – Warsash
Greenwich Borough FC
The Football College – Bury FC
Cheltenham Town FC
Boston United Sports College
The University of Football – Ware FC
Stevenage FC – Cheshunt
Profesional Football Academy
Football Education Training Academy – Manchester
Hull United FC
Hereford United ITC
Football Education Training Academy – Birmingham
Dynamic Football Academy – Hackney
Crystal Palace Foundation – Beckenham
Danson FC Academy
Braintree Town FC
AFDA Football – Whetstone
Forest Sports Education
Northampton Town FC
Various - see map
BTEC Level 3 National in Sport
5 GCSE’s A*– C
Access to higher education, including University, and Higher Apprenticeships.
Anything within the sport and leisure industry, including professional sportsperson, sports coach, centre management.
Course enquiry line