School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes
"You see a hockey player, you’d never know he was a professional athlete. But you put the skates on him and he becomes a beast.”- Junior Seau, NFL player
School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Sport
We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. Your studies will equip you for a possible business career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities.
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at C grade and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a C Grade in these core subjects.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport (Performance & Excellence) – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
A BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units, including:
During the course you will cover the following subjects:
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training for Sport & Exercise
- Fitness Testing for Sport & Exercise
- Sport Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Technical & Tactical Skills in Sport
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Current Issues in Sport
- Practical Team Sport
- Instructing Physical Activity & Exercise
- Talent Identification & Development in Sport
- Sports Injuries
- Work Experience in Sport
- Rules, Regulations & Officiating in Sport
- Sport as a Business
Where you can study
You can study this course at the following locations:
Click on the Location Map to find out more about that course provider.
Various - see map
BTEC Level 3 National in Sport
5 GCSE’s A*– C
Access to higher education, including University, and Higher Apprenticeships.
Anything within the sport and leisure industry, including professional sportsperson, sports coach, centre management.
Course enquiry line