School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Sport
We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. Your studies will equip you for a possible business career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities.
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at 4/C grade and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a 4/C Grade in these core subjects.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching & Development – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a 4/C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
A BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units.
Mandatory units – all units must be taken:
- Careers in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Sport
- Developing Coaching Skills
- Applied Coaching Skills
- Research Project in Sport
- Sport Development
- Self-employment in Sport and Physical Activity
- Sports Psychology
- Nutrition for Physical Performance
- Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- Sporting Injuries
- Functional Sports Massage
- Fitness Testing
- Fitness Training
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Practical Sports Application
- Influence of Technology in Sport and Physical Activity
- Organising Events in Sport and Physical Activities
- Ethical and Current Issues in Sport
- Marketing Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility In Sport
- Sport and Leisure Facility Operations
- Sports Tourism
- School Sport Delivery
Where you can study
You can study this course at the following locations:
Click on the Location Map to find out more about that course provider.
Dragon Football Academy
Tooting & Mitcham United
Walton Casuals Football Academy
The Bill Shankly Nexgen Academy
Sutton United Football Academy
Stratford Town Football Academy
Redditch Football Academy
Jamie Carragher Football Academy
Beaconsfield Town Academy
Advanced Coaching & Education (ACE)
King’s Lynn Town FC Scholarship Programme
JB’s Sports Coaching
Manchester Player Development
Oxfordshire Football Development (OFD)
Aldershot Town FC
The Football College – Manchester
Tranmere Rovers FC
Procision Reading Football Academy
The Football College – Bury FC
Stevenage FC – Cheshunt
Deano’s Soccer Academy – Lincoln
Crystal Palace Foundation – Beckenham
AFDA Football – Whetstone
Forest Sports Education
Northampton Town FC
Various - see map
BTEC Level 3 National in Sports Coaching & Development
5 GCSE’s 9 - 4
Access to higher education, including University, and Higher Apprenticeships.
Anything within the sport and leisure industry, including professional sportsperson, sports coach, centre management.
Course enquiry line