School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Sport
A groundbreaking opportunity to develop your passion for the Equine world. With insight into all aspects of the equine industry, you’ll benefit from focused, attentive teaching and make connections with industry professionals, opening doors to your future.
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at grade 4 and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a Grade 4 in these core subjects.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport (Equine) – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University or further education.
- Functional skills Level 2 – Essential progression if you did not manage to attain a grade 4 in English or Maths.
A BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units.
Mandatory units – all nine units must be taken:
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Team Sports
- Current Issues in Sport
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Sports Injuries
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Talent Identification and Development in Sport
- Sport and Exercise Massage
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Organising Sports Events
- Physical Education and the Care of Children and Young People
- Sport as a Business
- Work Experience in Sport
- Sports Facilities and Operational Management
- Profiling Sports Performance
- Research Investigation in Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Laboratory and Experimental Methods in Sport and Exercise Sciences
Various - see map
BTEC Level 3 National in Sport (Equine)
5 GCSE’s Grades 4-9
Access to higher education, including University and Higher Apprenticeships
Course enquiry line