School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Performing Arts
A groundbreaking opportunity to develop your passion for the Performing Arts. With insight into all aspects of the performing arts industry through this unique theatre setting, you’ll benefit from focussed, attentive teaching and make connections with industry professionals, opening doors to your future.
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at C grade and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a Grade 4 in these core subjects.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Performing Arts – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University or vocational Drama School.
- Functional skills Level 2 – Essential progression if you did not manage to attain a grade 4 in English or Maths.
The BTEC National Extended Diploma is made up of 13 units, including:
- Mandatory units:
- Investigating Practitioner’s Work
- Developing Skills and Techniques for Live Performance
- Group Performance Workshop
- Performing Arts in the Community
- Individual Performance Commission
- Final Live Performance for an Audience
- Employment Opportunities in the Performing Arts
- Optional unit include:
- Theatre Directing
- Screen Acting
- Acting Styles
- Singing techniques for Performance
- Musical Theatre Performance
- Variety Performance
Various - see map
BTEC Level 3 National in Performing Arts
5 GCSE’s A*– C
Access to higher education, including University, Vocational Drama School and Higher Apprenticeships
Performer, Community Theatre, Arts Administration, Teaching, Theatre Technician, Stage Management, Production Arts.
Course enquiry line