School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Business Studies
We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. Your studies will equip you for a possible business career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities.
To be considered for this course, you will need 4 GCSE’s at A*- G
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Business – worth up to 3 GCSE’s, and will facilitate entrance to Level 3 study or progression to employment.
- GCSE English and/or Maths - For those who just miss out on a C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
As part of the curriculum, the NQF Level 2 BTEC Firsts in Business is traditionally made up of a series of units, including:
- Enterprise in the Business World
- Finance for Business
- Principles of Marketing
- Promoting a Brand
- Principles of Customer Service
- Sales and Personal Selling
- Financial Planning & Forecasting
Various - see map
BTEC Level 2 1st in Business
1 GCSE A*– G
Access to further study at Level 3, including advanced apprenticeships and study programmes
Anything within the world of business, including starting up on your own, finance, management or marketing.
Course enquiry line