School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Health & Social Care
We honour the importance of a realistic balance between the focus on both your educational development and industry experience. Your studies will equip you for a possible business career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities.
To be considered for this course, you will need 4 GCSE’s at A*‐G
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Health & Social Care – worth up to 3 GCSE’s, and will facilitate entrance to Level 3 study or progression to employment.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
As part of the curriculum, the NQF Level 2 BTEC Firsts in Health & Social Care is traditionally made up of a series of units, including:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health & Social Care Values
- Effective Communication in Health & Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Promoting Health & Wellbeing
- The Impact of Nutrition on Health & Wellbeing
- Equality & Diversity in Health & Social Care
Various - see map
BTEC Level 2 1st in Health & Social Care
4 GCSE A*– G
Access to further study at Level 3, including advanced apprenticeships and study programmes
Assistant practitioner, care worker, social care worker, outreach worker
Course enquiry line