School Leavers 16+ Study Programmes – Sport
To be considered for this course, you will need 4 GCSE’s at A*‐ G
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Sport – worth up to 3 GCSE’s, and will facilitate entrance to Level 3 study or progression to employment.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
The NQF Level 2 BTEC Firsts in Sport is traditionally made up of a series of units. During the course you will cover the following subjects:
- Fitness for Sport & Exercise
- Practical Sports Performance
- The Mind & Sports Performance
- The Sports Performer in Action
- Training for Personal Fitness
- Leading Sports Activities
- Anatomy & physiology for Sports Performance
- Promotion & Sponsorship in Sport
- Profiling Sports Performance
Where you can study
You can study this course at the following locations:
Click on the Location Map to find out more about that course provider.
Various - see map
BTEC Level 2 1st in Sport
1 GCSE A*– G
Access to further study at Level 3, including advanced apprenticeships and study programmes
Anything within the sport and leisure industry, including professional sportsperson, sports coach
Course enquiry line