To be considered for this course, you will need 4 GCSE’s at A*/9‐ G/3
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Sport – worth up to 3 GCSE’s, and will facilitate entrance to Level 3 study or progression to employment.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
The NQF Level 2 BTEC Firsts in Sport is traditionally made up of a series of units. During the course you will cover the following subjects:
- Fitness for Sport & Exercise
- Practical Sports Performance
- The Mind & Sports Performance
- The Sports Performer in Action
- Training for Personal Fitness
- Leading Sports Activities
- Anatomy & physiology for Sports Performance
- Promotion & Sponsorship in Sport
- Profiling Sports Performance
School Leavers 16+
Free (16-18 year olds)
Level 2 - 1 GCSE
Aged 16-24 and qualified below Level 3, not currently in employment & self-motivated and eager to learn
Access to further education BTEC Level 3
Access to higher education HNC Level 4 & HND Level 5
Access to further/higher education, Apprenticeships or full time employment
Access to higher education. Progression into semi and professional sport
Apply for a Course