Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching & Development (Boxing)
To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at 4/C grade and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a 4/C Grade in these core subjects.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching & Development – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a 4/C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
A BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units.
Mandatory units – all units must be taken:
- Careers in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Sport
- Developing Coaching Skills
- Applied Coaching Skills
- Research Project in Sport
- Sport Development
- Self-employment in Sport and Physical Activity
- Sports Psychology
- Nutrition for Physical Performance
- Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- Sporting Injuries
- Functional Sports Massage
- Fitness Testing
- Fitness Training
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
- Practical Sports Application
- Influence of Technology in Sport and Physical Activity
- Organising Events in Sport and Physical Activities
- Ethical and Current Issues in Sport
- Marketing Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility In Sport
- Sport and Leisure Facility Operations
- Sports Tourism
- School Sport Delivery
School Leavers 16+
Free (16-18 year olds)
Level 3 - 5 GCSE’s 9 - 4
Aged 16-24 and qualified below Level 3, not currently in employment & self-motivated and eager to learn
Access to higher education HNC Level 4 & HND Level 5
Access to further/higher education, Apprenticeships or full time employment
Access to higher education. Progression into semi and professional sport
Apply for a Course