To be considered for this course, as a minimum you will need 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent at 4/C grade and above. Preferably this will include English and Maths, although pathways are available to those that just miss out on a 4/C Grade in these core subjects.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Performing Arts – worth up to 3 A Levels, and will facilitate an entrance into University, Drama School, Dance Adaemies and Conservatoires.
- GCSE English and/or Maths ‐ For those who just miss out on a 4/C grade in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all important qualifications. Essential for those that want to move on to University or vocational Drama school.
- Functional skills level 2 in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
The BTEC National Extended Diploma is made up of 13 units, including:
- Investigating Practitioners' Work
- Developing Skills and Techniques for Live Performance
- Group Performance Workshop
- Performing Arts in the Community
- Individual Performance Commission
- Final Live Performance for an Audience
- Employment Opportunities in the Performing Arts
Optional units are customised to your individual pathway but can include:
- Theatre Directing
- Screen Acting
- Acting Styles
- Singing techniques for Performance
- Musical Theatre Performance
- Jazz / Tap / Street Dance
- Physical Theatre Techniques
- Contemporary Dance Technique
Please go to the campus of choice to see which pathways are available and each campus's selection process.
School Leavers 16+
Free (16-18 year olds)
Free - no funding available
Level 3 - 5 GCSE’s 9 - 4
Access to higher education HNC Level 4 & HND Level 5
Access to further/higher education, Apprenticeships or full time employment
Apply for a Course